SunCoast Alliance for Lifelong Learning’s (SCALL) mission is to stimulate greater interest, appreciation, and support for personal growth and enrichment opportunities available through present lifelong learning organizations in the Florida communities of Sarasota and Manatee Counties. SCALL is organized exclusively for educational purposes under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- To initiate an inter-organizational collaborative effort for the marketing of lifelong learning opportunities that presently exist in the sun coast region of southwest Florida.
- To sponsor special programs and activities showcasing existing lifelong learning organizations and their unique learning opportunities.
- To explore and establish organizational and program connections with other educational ventures in the Suncoast area.
- To sustain and support social activities and volunteer opportunities associated with lifelong learning pursuits.
- To contribute to the image of Sarasota and Manatee counties as a special place known for its appreciation for the arts, humanities and lifelong learning opportunities.
- To increase the educational opportunities of modest to low income older adults in the Suncoast region of southwest Florida.